Sunday 18 March 2012

Sunday, March 18, 2010

Yikes!  It's been a long time since I've updated this blog.  It's been a busy two weeks.
I cut the lawn!  And at least some crocuses are up ... a few flowing Japanese trees downtown and some daffodils ... but spring is really late!  I hope this is a good indication that it will be a long, dry, hot summer!
 You can see the nice cutting job!  The grass is soooo green and long!
Crocusses look a little sad there all by themselves .....
Today was my first long walk getting ready for the 10 k in April.  I walked 5 k up the the Starbucks in langford, then took a little longer 6.5 k walk back.  All along the Galloping Goose.
This is one of my favourite parts of the trail
And of course, in case I didn't mention it to you this week ... one of my favourite doggies is with me this week.  this is Cloey ...
what a cutie!  She is almost 11 years old .. Part Terrier and part Shitzu
Last bit of news ... I had a lovely dinner with Kate & Christ last night.  Kate is the girl at work in accounting who is pregnant with her first child, in June.  Her parents live in Salmon Arm but they can't afford to make the trip down for the birth and Chris' parents are both deceased, so I am stepping in as the "grandmother" (at Kate's request) to help out and be with her as much as I can.  She has a midwife and would like to try and have the baby at home.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment